Monday, December 3, 2012

More Stampin Up

I purchased the Stampin Up Tree Trimming ornament stamps a couple years ago...and HATE to admit it, but have NEVER USED them....good intentions, though.  So, last night, I got this set out of my Christmas stamp box and made a card using the small one with the snowflakes on it...really have a thing for snow and all  things snow related...
Stamped ornaments in a  rainbow of colors...oh so me, too:)!!...clear embossed then cut out(I left just a tiny line of white around the entire ornaments kind of like die cuts).  Used piercing tool and put hole at top of each and threaded with a very fine Stampin Up silver thread.  Used a Spellbinders diamond die and cut a bunch of diamonds.  Popped up ornamaments on diamonds(put a tiny slit at top to thread the silver thread so it would "stay").  Stamped sentiment(Papertrey Ink Christmas Blessings) and popped up diamonds and pieces of diamonds on white card.  I just wasn't thrilled with it, and my daughter said it needed some glitter!!!  SOOOO...I took my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen and colored each ornament with some shiny glimmer...much more festive:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I love this, Lisa! I didn't know there were diamond dies! Oh oh! They sure worked beautifully to highlight these beautiful ornaments and perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the ornaments popped up on the diamonds! Gonna have to look for those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa... you always inspire me!
    This is so beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...............this card glows with beauty Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors you used and the diamond look --- so very festive looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your rainbow ornaments and the diamond background is a fab idea. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa