Saturday, January 26, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #12

I just got a new stamp set from Stampin Up....the cutest whale EVER!!  I used CAS(E) this Sketch #12 to make my first(of many!!)with this cute little guy!!  Here's the sketch and my card below it...
I made my card using Oh, Whale stamp set and the coordinating die Happy Whale...
*click on pic for a closer look*
I also embossed the vertical black strip and stamped the water with the sentiment and some wavy line stamp from Heidi Grace: Borders on dark gray paper. I first stamped the sentiment with versamark and white embossed...then stamped the wavy lines with versamark and CLEAR embossed.  Then cut it out.   I then took my black soot distress ink and swiped the gray paper to make it black  and just have the gray wavy lines and sentiment show from the black.  The red hearts are from Simon Says Stamp dies (Falling Hearts and Holiday Shapes Hearts/Stars die) adhering them over the stamped hearts and dotting them with...yes...glossy accents:)!!  Put a black stick on dot on the dark gray whale's eye.   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

Guess what??  Whaley was a favorite for the CAS(E) this Sketch....SWEET!!!  Thanks so much, ladies...I am so honored!!  

22 comments:

  1. Love your punny valentine - very dramatic with all that black! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to visit in so long and I have so enjoyed catching up on your lovely creations, Lisa! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific Lisa! The heart whale spray is really cute. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heart spout on the whale is a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous - love that cute whale:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and unique Valentine, Lisa, and a great take on the sketch! That spout of hearts is the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card! I love the whale and cute sentiment...Great color palette, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE this!! The hearts from teh blow hole are such a great touch. You rocked the sketch BIG time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never cease to amaze me Lisa, what an unexpected interpretation of the original sketch - you are an artistic genius! (and that's official LOL).

    Hugs: Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the sketch. Love your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, this is so clever! I just LoVe those heart bubbles!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just love how you used this sketch Lisa. Cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how cute, cute, cute! love your fun whale - great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would totally be yours if you gave me this adorable card! :D So fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa, this is just about the cutest thing I've seen in a long, long time! That sweet whale is just perfect and the nautical color scheme makes me smile. But then everything you create makes me smile. You are a genius, I tell ya! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That whale is super cute. I have debated on getting it but I think this card helped me decide. I just might have to get that one now!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa