Thursday, August 29, 2013

Less is More 134...Washi

The challenge this week at Less is More is to use washi tape!  I went "Christmas" with some Christmas colors when choosing washi from my HUGE stash...LOL..., a die from Papertrey Ink and made a third card with the same tape and some W Plus 9 Designs dies...
I tore strips of washi , put them on panel, die cut the word "merry" and put black piece behind and popped up panel on card.

I used the die cut from the first, layered, and added a Papertrey Ink sentiment with a red rhinestone.
EDITED**  Thank you SO much, Chrissie and Jen for Showcasing my "merry & bright" card this week...I am honored and sooooooo thrilled to have your recognition!!!


The third one I put the washi over an entire panel and die cut the W Plus 9 Designs dies...only thing is my "joy" was crooked...so ditched the whole panel idea,  and used the cut outs with some buttons, embroidery floss and an impression plate from Papertrey Ink for the background (I had to run the paper through on the die SIDEWAYS and CROOKED... from both sides... to match the angle of the words...the angle not only didn't go in this direction on the die, but also not at this angle...and thought it looked funny if the angles didn't match...hope that makes sense).  Here's the original panel...

Super easy and simple:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. These are all simply wonderful Lisa!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all. Buttons are a very creative idea on the words.

    My blog disappeared and I have been working with google to no avail to get it back....new blog at www.suesstamping.blogspot.com

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful examples, they all work brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Lisa. I don't really get the whole washi thing, but now I really love how you've made a stripy sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both card are beautiful, thanks fr sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have holiday Washi tapes but dp could be used that way too. Love your ideas for all the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards... Love how you used the washi. Thanks for joining us
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely pinning this post for your fun and creative uses of Washi!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post should be the opening chapter in a book about Washi tape! Stunning, Lisa, and well-deserving of a LIM Showcase honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being show CAS'd at Less is More. These are wonderful cards with washi!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa