Monday, May 26, 2014

Less is More 173...Die Cut...Pink Flower

This week's challenge at Less is More is a recipe: Die Cut...to include a die cut on your card:)!
  I have a bunch of die cuts on my card...
I got my inspiration from the Simon Says Stamp store site.  I was making a link for another post and went to this set of dies to create my link and was inspired by one of the sample cards.  I have no idea who made it, otherwise I would give credit for it...loved the scattered flowers with the single colored flower!!  My card is actually  2 layers...here's how I made it...
I used the new Simon Says Stamp Partial Die Cut Flowers dies...they do exactly as their name says...the dies partially cut the flowers on the card stock.  I die cut the main flower on the panel.

 I then put a wide piece of Eclipse tape over the middle of the flower.  I used scissors and cut that strip off the panel, using the tape for my guide. 
 Then I used all the flower dies from the rest of the set of dies and filled each of the two cut panels full of partial die cut flowers.  

I colored the main flower pink and added a smaller flower on top of the large one, adding an enamel dot.  The sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp, Birthday Messages.  I popped up all three panels onto the card...giving it a multi-layered look...
What fun!!  Hope you all had a wonderful Monday!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. You are so innovative Lisa. This looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the vivid pink flower against all the partially cut white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning - great technique and use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this card it's CAS, Elegant and unique. Perfect
    Thanks for taking part.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent card! I LOVE all the die cut flowers that are partially cut. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!!! Amazing how you managed to keep it CAS, despite all those flowers! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutting the sentiment panel was a genius idea. The whole card is so unique and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Lisa, this is such a great creation, really clever.
    But drat, I think I *need* that die lol!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is simply fabulous
    Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is simply fabulous
    Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa