Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Tilth Daisy

I was going through my files the other day, after Apple informed me my I Cloud was almost full, deleting "A BUNCH OF STUFF", when I saw my cards made with the Memory Box Tilth die.  I just had to get it out and use it, to give the flower yet another "look"!  HERE are my other cards...now for yet another look...
I thought it would be cool to make a daisy...white tilth and yellow center.  I die cut 3 of the flowers, then, like my last card with this die, I CAREFULLY cut in between each of the petals with scissors to give the flowers a bit more flex and body then trimmed each petal. 
I HAVE EDITED THIS POST WITH THE FOLLOWING PICS TO SHOW YOU HOW I CUT THE FLOWERS:
 When you cut between the flower petals, there is a little piece of leftover, so I actually flip the flower over to trim that little piece that my scissor is pointing to off of the petal (it's easier to trim that little piece off with the flower flipped on the wrong side....just saying), so it looks like this...
 I cannot stress CAREFULLY enough, but if you conquer that, spread them out a tiny bit (think it gives the flower a kind of sketched look with the petals tips looking more squared than rounded...LOVE)  used threaded button, and attached to die cut, popped up card.  The sentiment is from Michael's, a Recollection stamp from a set of 7 sentiment stamps.  LOVE finding new ways to use old dies!!!!  FUN!!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, trimming these petals sounds like a major fussy cutting challenge, the flower looks fabulous though, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it !
    I recognize finding old stuff and find a way to use it different !
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love your daisy! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my first and favorite dies!
    You used it so beautiful... I will have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, elegant card, love it xsharonx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and love that you chose a black background to really show it off!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa