Tuesday, February 9, 2016

LOVE...Simply done with Paint Chips and Washi Tape!

I made a couple cards with some new Paper Smooches dies I got...so fitting for Valentine's Day, or really any day, or special occasion...love these dies:)!!...
I die cut both the hearts and the "LOVE" dies and layered.  I used paint chips in 3 different shades to fill in the hearts.  The "LOVE" is from a retired Simon Says Stamp set, Talk Bubbles 2...

  I used some pretty washi tape that is pink with a gold stripe for my second card.  Although this washi WAS wide, I did have to put two pieces together to make the tape wide enough for the die, but thought the gold with the pink sooo pretty.  I used part of a Paper Smooches stamp and stamped with versa mark and gold embossed to go with the "LOVE"...
Here's a pic of the tape, next to my scissors, so you can see what it looks like (got the washi at AC Moore)...
I have recently made a whole lot of cards with hearts, and although it IS Valentine's Day next Sunday, you could easily change up the colors and add some different stamped sentiments, some flowers, balloons...and make cards with these hearts and the "LOVE" for all occasions!  Hope you are having a great week:)!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I love your CAS cards. Please may I ask what you mean by paint chips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary Jane! Paint chips are the papers that you get at places like Lowes or Home Depot when you are trying to decide on a paint color for a room, or a piece of furniture. They usually come with 3 or 4 shades of the same color on each chip, although sometimes the chips are single colors. BTW, for those who may be wondering, both my Lowes and Home Depot refused my money when I asked to pay for my chips...just saying'...Thanks for asking, Mary Jane:)!! Hugs!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really great cards! I love the bright boldness of the first, but the flashy gold striping on the second is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your reply, Lisa. I absolutely love your work, and also your attitude to life. Go girl, you are amazing. Thank you very much for sharing as you do.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa