Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bears and Balloons!

I made a couple cards using the Simon Says Stamp Cuddly Critters stamp and die sets.  I used the Panda...and yes, pandas ARE bears, lest you doubt my post title😊!  Both cards are pretty simple in their design...just thought he looked cutest with the littlest distractions...
 I stamped,die cut, and layered the panda, stamped the sentiment ...what's so cool about this cuddly critter is that he really doesn't need any coloring...ok, you could shade him a bit, but cute as can be even without it:)!! I stamped an extra panda and cut the arms off him to adhere onto the layered bear to make him actually hold the "sending love" sign.   I die cut the unstamped balloon, choosing the heart balloon to go with the sentiment, and cut a glittery red heart with the balloon die...

The second one, much like the first, uses the panda, but with the other balloons from the set, this time, stamped...
 I colored the balloons with my Prismacolor markers and added some enamel dots...
Something cool to share...the gray card base is actually the wrong/back side of a shiny silver textured piece of bazzill cardstock.  You probably won't be able to see from this photo, but it IS shiny silver.  Here's a pic of the front side and one of the back side, which is what you see used on my card...
Sometimes, simply turning the paper over, makes a paper work for a project.  Such was the case with the gray paper for this card.   The different sides even have a different color "look" to them!!  Shiny textured silver...NEVER!  The other side...perfect!!  
This was great fun...this panda is ADORABLE, as are the other critters of this set!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa